The State Housing Initiatives Partnership Program (SHIP) provides funds to local governments as an incentive to create partnerships that produce and preserve affordable homeownership and multifamily housing. The program was designed to provide very low, low, and moderate-income families with assistance to purchase a home, money to repair or replace a home, and many other types of housing assistance.
If you would like to apply for housing assistance, please contact the Florida Housing Coalition at 1.800.677.4548 for additional information or contact the County or City SHIP office near you.
Housing is Healthcare
Message from Jaimie Ross, FHC CEO
Perfect Timing. Full Appropriation of
Sadowski Housing Trust Funds.
Webinars and Workshops deliver an array of topics to help you administer and implement the SHIP program. Email Michael Chaney to be added to the list for announcements of upcoming trainings. For a list of future Florida Housing Coalition trainings, click here to view the SHIP Training Calendar. Training topics include:
Affordable Housing Programs
Policies & Procedures
Income Compliance & Eligibility
Regulations & Administration
reporting & monitoring
Predevelopment, Development, & Rehabilitation
MEETING Low-Income Set-Asides
Organizational Capacity Building
Nonprofit Strategic Plans
We may provide training in your office to help with a new initiative, review tracking and SHIP files, meet with your advisory committee members, or whatever support you need. It all starts with a call to 1-800-677-4548 to request assistance. Training is available on a wide variety of topics, including:
- Affordable Housing Program Design and Implementation
- Preparation of Policies and Procedures Manuals
- Income Compliance and Eligibility Determination
- Compliance with Regulations and Administration
- Implementation of systems to maintain records, tracking, reporting, and monitoring of programs
- Forming public/private partnerships
- Meeting Low-Income Set-Asides for Extremely Low Income and Special Needs Housing
- Predevelopment, Development, and Rehabilitation Process for Rental and Homeownership Programs
- Working effectively with lending institutions,
- Nonprofit Board and Staff Training/Organizational Capacity Building
- Developing volunteer programs
What help is available?
Telephone and email technical assistance is available Monday through Friday at 1.800.677.4548 and firstname.lastname@example.org. We can answer your brief question to help finish today’s task or offer longer-term guidance to assist throughout the stages of a project. Our assistance helps you have success with SHIP. We offer guidance on effective program design and help you comply with state and federal housing regulations. We help you identify partners and resources, implement your program and account for the results and spending.
The Coalition offers publications focused on various aspects of housing that is affordable. Please click the covers below to open the publications.
Subscribe to Our weekly member updates
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.