If you would like to search by Workshops or Webinars, please use the search tool below. For questions, please contact the Florida Housing Coalition at 850-878-4219 or email@example.com.
WORKSHOP- The Rehabilitation/Emergency Repair Process
April 9 - 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
The rehabilitation process requires housing administrators and their staff work with homeowners, contractors, building inspectors, local officials, and funders. Understanding each of these groups and learning to work with them helps to avoid some of the problems that are commonly encountered in rehabilitation programs.
This workshop will walk through the steps involved in the rehabilitation program process, deciding on the best approach and strategy design for your community, contractor selection and removal, scope of work, bidding process, contract terms and award, inspections and payments, and guarantees and warranties. The presenters will address weaknesses in rehabilitation programs and best practices to improve your program.
Who Should Attend?
- Rehabilitation inspectors
- Construction management staff
- Rehabilitation staff
- Housing program administrators
- Sponsors and subrecipients involved in rehabilitation programs
- Program design
- The home inspection process
- Working with homeowners and contractors
- Finding a good inspector
- The importance of work write-ups and specifications
- Reducing the need for change orders
- Property standards
- Written agreements
- Handling disputes
- Warranties and guarantees