Due to the recent advice of the CDC regarding COVID-19, the Florida Housing Coalition will provide our in-person training and technical assistance using alternative means, such as a series of webinars and virtual meetings. The Catalyst in-person meetings such as site visits and workshops will not be held between now and May. We are currently working with FHFC on specifics and will quickly announce alternatives.
If you would like to search by Workshops or Webinars, please use the search tool below. For questions, please contact the Florida Housing Coalition at 850-878-4219 or email@example.com.
- This event has passed.
WORKSHOP- Shared Equity and Permanent Affordability (Sarasota)
February 18, 2020 - 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
This workshop will explain shared equity programs, and how incorporating shared equity provisions into SHIP strategies can more effectively expand and preserve the affordable housing stock. We will cover the philosophy, mechanics, and best practices for shared equity programs with emphasis on permanent affordability using community land trusts. Presenters will address key topics such as resale restrictions, local government disposition of surplus lands, lending for shared equity programs, and recordkeeping. Participants will also learn about Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac’s Duty to Serve Rule, which applies to shared equity affordable housing.
Who should attend?
- Housing program administrators
- Nonprofit housing developers
- Community land trust organizations or program staff
- Community partners including housing counselors and lenders
- Three main shared equity models
- Subsidy recapture vs subsidy retention
- Factors for resale restrictions and resale price calculations
- Shared equity and SHIP strategies
- Support of shared equity by the lending community
- Permanent affordability and housing programs