If you would like to search by Workshops or Webinars, please use the search tool below. For questions, please contact the Florida Housing Coalition at 850-878-4219 or email@example.com.
WORKSHOP- Financing and Monitoring Rental Housing with SHIP (Tampa)
December 5 - 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
This workshop provides an introduction to the principles behind developing and financing affordable rental housing utilizing SHIP, including the challenges and opportunities of both new construction and rehabilitation. The presenters will provide an overview of tax credit deals from a SHIP perspective in order to help participants understand the local government role in funding and compliance. Small, scattered site deals and large-scale developments will be covered. Learn what SHIP requires for ongoing monitoring of assisted rental units. Key topics include understanding the market, sources and uses, calculating affordability, and the components of compliance monitoring.
Who Should Attend?
- Local government housing administrators
- Local government elected officials
- Community partners
- Nonprofit affordable housing developers (including those in need of capacity building)
- Development economics
- Developer and contractor experience
- Management leasing experience
- Guarantors financial and credit capacity
- Income eligibility
- Transaction structuring