Due to the recent advice of the CDC regarding COVID-19, the Florida Housing Coalition will provide our in-person training and technical assistance using alternative means, such as a series of webinars and virtual meetings. The Catalyst in-person meetings such as site visits and workshops will not be held between now and May. We are currently working with FHFC on specifics and will quickly announce alternatives.
If you would like to search by Workshops or Webinars, please use the search tool below. For questions, please contact the Florida Housing Coalition at 850-878-4219 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This event has passed.
WORKSHOP – Enhancing Nonprofit Capacity for Providing Affordable Housing Assistance (Jacksonville)
March 7, 2018 - 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This workshop is designed for those interested in building their nonprofit organizational capacity and sustainability, including executive directors, senior staff, board members, and local government staff working with nonprofits. The presenters will explore several facets of nonprofit capacity, including resources, organizational structure, programmatic, and networking capacity. The training will help participants identify what factors can boost nonprofit performance, addressing topics like staffing and strategic planning. In addition, the trainings will discuss board of directors’ composition and fiduciary responsibilities, to help distinguishing between board and staff responsibilities. Participants will learn how to evaluate a nonprofit’s financial strength by examining the documents that must be reviewed.
Who Should Attend?
- Staff at housing nonprofit organizations
- Local government housing administrators
- Sub Recipient organizations involved in SHIP implementation
- Community partner
- Leader transitions
- Financial policies, reporting, budgeting, and evaluation
- Managing for performance outcomes
- Rules for effective advocacy
- How nonprofits adapt and respond to changing business requirements, market environments, and stakeholder expectations
- Identifying what factors can boost nonprofit performance
- Staffing and strategic planning
- Board of directors’ composition and fiduciary responsibilities
- Understanding board and staff responsibilities
This workshop is sponsored by the Florida Housing Finance Corporation’s Affordable Housing Catalyst Program and Facilitated by the Florida Housing Coalition.
Upon completion of this training each participant will receive a certificate of completion