The Florida Housing Coalition, Inc., is a nonprofit, statewide membership organization whose mission is to bring together housing advocates and resources so that all Floridians have a quality affordable home and suitable living environment.
The Coalition provides professional consultation services through training and technical assistance on housing and related issues; supports community-based partnerships in leveraging resources; and advocates for policies, programs and use of funding resources that maximize the availability and improve the quality of housing in Florida. The Coalition carries out this mission recognizing that housing that’s affordable is an integral part of community revitalization and economic development.
Every Florida community, large and small, practices a community ethic reflecting a belief that access to housing that is decent, safe, affordable and of a person’s own choosing, is a fundamental right and that at least one active, viable community-based organization plays an important role in delivering housing that’s affordable and related services in each community.
Our Impact in Florida
Thank you for your support of the Florida Housing Coalition and your commitment to affordable housing in Florida. Our Impact Report is a reflection of how your support has made all the difference.
The Florida Housing Coalition is based in Tallahassee and has several other offices throughout Florida. Our technical assistance team consists of a highly skilled and geographically dispersed network of professional staff providing technical assistance in all areas of housing planning, finance, and development. Our professional technical assistance team also includes the expertise of our Board of Directors. Our team is one of the largest and most accomplished statewide providers of training and technical assistance in the nation.
Our Expertise – Consulting Services
The Coalition’s goal is to offer a seamless continuum of training opportunities on any housing or community development topics with which you may need assistance. The Coalition helps local governments, nonprofits, and their developer and financial partners. To learn more, view our Consulting Services Brochure.
We Can Assist the Public Sector with:
- Consolidated Planning
- Annual Action Plans, and CAPERs for HUD CPD Block Grants
- Strategies for Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing
- Program Design and Implementation
- Policies and Procedures Manuals
- Project Development
- Underwriting Practices for Rental and Homeownership
- Long-Term Affordability Mechanisms
- Energy Efficient Housing
- Predevelopment, Development, and Rehabilitation Process for Rental and Homeownership Programs
- Meeting Set-Asides for Extremely Low Income and Special Needs Housing
- Income Compliance and Eligibility Determination
- Tracking, Reporting, and Monitoring of Programs
- Rehabilitation Policies and Strategies
- Design of RFPs and RFQs
- Strategies and Plans to End Homelessness
We Can Assist the Private Sector with:
- How to form a CHDO or a CDC
- How to write grants and proposals
- Board and Staff Training/ Organizational Capacity Building
- Strategic and Business Plans
- Best Practices for Operating Manuals
- Project-Level Assistance in Financing, Development, and Asset Management
- Strengthening Partnerships and Joint Ventures
- Preventing and Ending Homelessness
- Accessory Dwelling Units
- Energy Efficient Housing
- Strategies for Changing Markets
- NIMBY issues
Everything from Needs Analysis to Document Preparation:
- Shared Equity Models
- Lease Purchase Programs
- Housing Element Strategies and Implementation
- Regulatory Reform
- Inclusionary Housing Policies
- Education/Presentations to Advisory Groups and Elected Bodies
- Facilitation of Community Meetings
- Community Land Trusts
Subscribe to Our weekly member updates
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.