Due to the recent advice of the CDC regarding COVID-19, the Florida Housing Coalition will provide our in-person training and technical assistance using alternative means, such as a series of webinars and virtual meetings. The Catalyst in-person meetings such as site visits and workshops will not be held between now and May. We are currently working with FHFC on specifics and will quickly announce alternatives.
If you would like to search by Workshops or Webinars, please use the search tool below. For questions, please contact the Florida Housing Coalition at 850-878-4219 or email@example.com.
- This event has passed.
WORKSHOP – Assessment of Fair Housing (Winter Park)
September 6, 2017 - 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
REGISTER (Winter Park)
The Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing (AFFH) rule and Assessment of Fair Housing (AFH) tool provide an effective planning approach to help jurisdictions take meaningful steps to promote fair housing choice, overcome historic patterns of segregation, and foster inclusive communities. Participants will learn who is responsible for what under the new rules. The presenters will discuss the AFH process, offer best practices in community engagement, explain how the AFH ties into other planning requirements, and present guidance on the best ways to set goals, measure progress, and assess outcomes.
Who should attend?
- Housing program administrators, especially those with upcoming Assessment of Fair Housing deadlines
- Local government staff responsible for completing an Analysis of Impediments
- Local government staff responsible for completing a Consolidated Plan, Annual Action Plan or CAPER
- Public housing authority staff
- Social service providers, continuum of care agencies, legal rights organizations
- Fair housing history
- Assessments of Fair Housing (AFH) process and best practices
- Mapping and data analysis
- Integrating Consolidated Plans and Assessments of Fair Housing
- Community outreach strategies
This workshop is sponsored by the Florida Housing Finance Corporation’s Affordable Housing Catalyst Program and Facilitated by the Florida Housing Coalition.
Upon completion of this training each participant will receive a certificate of completion