The State Housing Initiatives Partnership Program (SHIP) provides funds to local governments as an incentive to create partnerships that produce and preserve affordable homeownership and multifamily housing. The program was designed to provide very low, low and moderate income families with assistance to purchase a home, money to repair or replace a home and many other types of housing assistance.
Call the Florida Housing Coalition’s SHIP hotline: 1-800-677-4548.
Technical assistance is available to you through the Affordable Housing Catalyst Program, funded by the Florida Housing Finance Corporation. Our assistance helps you have success with SHIP. We offer guidance on effective program design and help you comply with state and federal housing regulations. We help you identify partners and resources, implement your program and account for the results and spending.
Telephone and email technical assistance is available Monday through Friday at 1 (800) 677-4548 and email@example.com. We can answer your brief question to help finish today’s task or offer longer-term guidance to assist throughout the stages of a project.
In some cases, we may visit your office to help you with a new initiative, review your tracking and SHIP files, meet with your advisory committee members, or whatever support you need.
These deliver an array of topics to help you administer and implement SHIP. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the list for announcements of upcoming trainings. Training topics include:
- Affordable Housing Program Design and Implementation
- Preparation of Policies and Procedures Manuals
- Income Compliance and Eligibility Determination
- Compliance with Regulations and Administration
- Implementation of systems to maintain records, tracking, reporting, and monitoring of programs
- Predevelopment, Development, and Rehabilitation Process for Rental and Homeownership Programs
- Meeting Low-Income Set-Asides for Extremely Low Income and Special Needs Housing
- Nonprofit Board and Staff Training/Organizational Capacity Building
- Nonprofit Strategic and Business Plans
Do you need the most up-to-date resource at your fingertips? Do you have the latest Income limits, a sample LHAP or the tracking spreadsheet? If not, check below. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, contact Michael Chaney at email@example.com for additional resources.
The Florida Housing Coalition encourages the use of the SHIP logo for use on all materials related to promoting SHIP. Feel free to use the SHIP logo to help brand all your success stories and SHIP information. Click the SHIP logo image to download and save the logo.